Actually, they said they were using session scope - if your users suddenly
ramp up, then that could easily explain the memory leak.

Is there anything you could consolidate into a single in memory store in the
application scope, rather than having it for every user?

Mark

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 12:14 PM, daamsie <pe...@travellerspoint.com> wrote:

> You might want to look into using something other than the CF
> application scope to cache objects (assuming that's what you're
> using). We've had pretty good experience using memcached. Though with
> ehcache now integrated in CF, I'd probably be looking at that
> instead.
>
> Other than that, definitely look at JVM tuning. I'd agree - get
> someone else who knows it well to help you through that. It will save
> a lot of guesswork and you'll learn a lot through the process.
>
> On Aug 9, 12:26 pm, Mat <mathew.say...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi All,
> >
> > I am new to the group and was hoping someone can help me with a
> > solution to the following; we have created an application using java
> > and cold fusion; we do create a lot of Java objects that we hold in
> > memory at the session level. We are getting an out of memory error;
> > basically the heap space fills up; server slows to the point that it
> > crashes.
> >
> > First thought is we have a memory leak; I am using jconsole, nice
> > graphs but what is it really telling me; if anyone knows of a
> > monitoring tool that will help me see if we have memory that is not
> > being cleared that should be and what that memory is; would be
> > appreciated?
> >
> > Second thought is we designed the application to hold a lot in memory
> > to save time hitting the db; I wonder if we are just under resourced.
> > We are running CF 8,0,1,195765 STD, Java 1.6.0_04, on a Windows 2003
> > 32bit Svr. I do have a second server available; does anyone have
> > instructions on how to setup load balancing so that I can have two
> > servers sharing the load?
> >
> > Any help would be most appreciated?
> >
> > Many Thanks,
> > Mat

E: mark.man...@gmail.com
T: http://www.twitter.com/neurotic
W: www.compoundtheory.com

cf.Objective(ANZ) + Flex - Nov 17, 18 - Melbourne Australia
http://www.cfobjective.com.au