The scenario:

I have a local application, which updates a local database as a
business process goes on.    But I want the application also to update
a remote database, with the details of this event, then set a flag in
the local record that the record has been exported to the remote
database.     However I'm building error handling to provide for the
possibility that the remote database might not be available.   I dont
want that to stop the local application, or it will close the business
down.     I want the business to go on,  the customer satisfied and
the web site can be updated later on when the internet connection is
back up again

Does CFTRANSACTION handle the commit/rollback of both databases if any
part of the queries fails?        I would code it kind of like this:

<cftransaction>
   <cfquery name="qRemoteInsert" datasource="remoteDSN">
         INSERT into eventrecord   yada yada yada
    </cfquery>
   <cfquery name="qlocalUpdate" datasource="localDSN">
         Update eventrecord
         SET  exportedToRemoteDB = true
         WHERE  eventID = <cfqueryparam value="#thiseventID#"
cfsqltype="cf_sql_integer"/>
    </cfquery>
</cftransaction>

Mike Kear
Windsor, NSW, Australia
AFP Webworks
http://afpwebworks.com
ColdFusion 9 Enterprise, PHP, ASP, ASP.NET hosting from AUD$15/month