Thought i would push this one back out into the ether to see if anyone had
any ideas...

From: Steve Onnis [mailto:st...@cfcentral.com.au]
Sent: Tuesday, 20 December 2011 3:46 AM
To: cfaussie@googlegroups.com
Subject: [cfaussie] Image functions with transparent png images

I am having this issue which i am sure people have had in the past so i am
hoping for some advice as to how to get around it.

I am uploading a transparent png image file with the following process :-

1.       Upload file

2.       Read file

3.       Store file in memory as binary

4.       Delete original file

5.       Output image  to browser

Now if i use the "writetobrowser" action the image displays as its proper
transparency but if i use say <cfcontent type="image/png"
variable="#ToBinary(ToBase64(imageVar))#" /> then the image messes up and
displays with its colors all inverted and no transparency.

Does anyone know how i can get around this?  I need the image to display
with its transparency.  From what i can see, even if i pass the png content
type in, the browser is seeing it as a JPEG image.

Any suggestions?

Steve