Hi,

A couple of days ago one of our production servers ran out of disk space. I
assumed it was the application not cleaning up temporary files but after
the initial panic we discovered that the
JRun4\servers\cfusion\SERVER-INF\temp\cfusion-war-tmp directory was FULL of
files named like "neotmp999...999.tmp". I have a good idea where these
files are being generated in the application but they are being generated
by CF and we have no direct visibility of them. And I assume that up until
a few days ago that CF itself was cleaning them up - otherwise the
application would have failed months ago. When the disk full error happened
there were over 6.000 of these files consuming over 15GB of disk space and
all of them were time-stamped in the previous three days and the other
server was close to being out of disk space. Today both servers have over
2,000 of these files consuming over 6.5GB of disk so we will be running a
manual cleanup very soon.

I've searched the usual places but there is nothing I can find that
resembles this issue. There is some talk of sandbox security on that
directory causing some access issues but nothing about temporary files not
being cleaned up.

Has anybody seen this before? Or have an idea what might be causing it or
how to fix it?

Many thanks and Happy Christmas to all!

Brett
B)