Hi Steven,

you don't mention what OS you are running but in general with 64bit machines it is good to double the old 32 bit recommendations as a first pass in server tuning.

For 2008 R2 the OS takes a gig or more with its trick memory free space caching and its a good starting point with CF to set Max Perm at 512MB and Max Heap at 2048MB so you need at least 3GB allocated to your VM.

As soon as the sites get busy you will have to up those numbers. If you have CF Enterprise then turn _off_ the server memory monitoring as it won't let you go above 2GB Heap and you will want to. It will force a GC when you don't want one.

Our busy "ordinary" servers run with 5GB RAM, 3GB Max Heap and with the OS free space caching they run with about 100MB of real free memory space, and run fast...

With a stored proc running for 300 seconds I would also be looking at how the DB server is configured, that is a lonnng proc.

HTH

Kym K