Thanks, Christophe. Yes, I have long wanted to improve the CF411 site to be
more than just a long list. I mention that in the 2nd paragraph-meaning, I'm
well aware of the opps for improvement. :-)

"I look to improve this interface over time, adding RSS feeds for when I
add/change items, perhaps enabling comments per tool/resource, etc. We'll
see."

The good news is that this work is in fact underway. Can't say when, but it
will eventually be very different and I hope therefore to be more effective
(I should add to that list, social networking integration to make it easier
for others to share their observations about it to others, etc.) A mobile
app is an interesting idea, sure. Thanks for that. Will be much easier after
a redesign. I also hope to have separate landing pages per category and
tool-which may also help with SEO, as well as to then add better searching.

Thanks for the general encouragement about my resources.

As for the fact that 411 is not a universal concept, it's a fair point but
I'm not sure I want to rebrand now. I kind of hope that most in the CF world
would at least be familiar with the term, since so much else about CF has
tended to be US-centric (for better or worse).

As for analytics, honestly, I don't bother with them. I have in the past,
but I suspect like most people, I'd look at it, think, "that's interesting",
and move on, not knowing much I can do with the info. I suppose you're
saying that if I saw that lots of people were visiting, that should give me
some comfort about its reach, and that may well do so. But my point here in
this thread was really about how few people seem to mention it, when the
specific questions of "what are alternatives for x" come up. It just seems
that unless people spread the word, it would remain a domain of the
cognoscenti. :-)

But back to your original points, yes, perhaps if I improve both the look
and feel, add RSS feeds, make it easier to sharing things on social
networking, etc., that will help make it more visible.

/charlie