A quick google will reveal how to increase or remove the Tomcat post size
limit. It's in conf/server.xml.

This one sums it up just fine;
http://www.enterprise-architecture.org/documentation/doc-administration/145-post-size-limit

Again, may not be your problem, test it and see.

A few years back we had a firewall between two boxes that would drop
connections that were running longer than a certain threshold. Just saying, it
could be many things, you need to tweak and test.