I am not sure what the Geo Fence table actually is but either way to find
if a location is inside or outside your fence it is simple if you have a
closed polygon. You are looking to performa point-in-polygon test where an
even result means the location is outside and an odd result means it is
inside. Have a look at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Point_in_polygon and in
particular the ray-casting method.  I have used this before and it is fast.

Cheers,
Simon

On 4 June 2013 19:58, <rai...@ozemail.com.au> wrote:

>  I have the Tracking Server with listener set up so the listener captures
> the data (long / lat) sent from the mobile tracking devices to the server,
> which is then stored into an sql table****
>
> ** **
>
> I have the Bing Maps API set up so the locations stored in the above
> database table correctly display on the bing map****
>
> ** **
>
> The challenge is trying to figure out how to create Geo Fence
> functionality combining SQL 2008, using Bing Maps API and using CF
> application to manage and display the Geo Fences ****
>
> ** **
>
> I am wanting to be able to create circular zones so the co ordinates are
> saved in the geo fence table assigned to a specific device id, ****
>
> ** **
>
> Once the geo fences are created and stored in the geo fence table each new
> location sent to the tracking server then needs to be validated against
> existing geo fences to determine if the new location is inside or outside
> of geo fences listed in the geo fence table****
>
> ** **
>
> If anyone can assist to direct me to a resource or example code that deal
> with the above I would appreciate the advise ****
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>
> Kind Regards****
>
> ** **
>
> Claude Raiola****

Simon Haddon

Woman loves feeling danger and speed. That is why woman wants man.  They
get a speed rush that is the most dangerous of all.