Monday 30th September, meet at 6pm for 6:30 start. (note: the building is
locked at 6:30pm)

Geoff Bowers is the founder of WebDU, the owner of web heavyweight Daemon
and a Grade A Ubergeek.

Cloudbees, Heroku, Google AppEngine, Amazon Beanstalk and more -- they're
all PaaS (aka "platform as a service"). Get to grips with why PaaS are
awesome, and the problems you might face building cloud friendly apps that
run on them.

Geoff takes a quick journey through running your own physical servers,
infrastructure as a service (IaaS), scripting infrastructure (with stuff
like Chef & Vagrant) to why the Daemonites are gravitating to the "platform
as a service" or PaaS. With a dose of theory upfront, Geoff will try a bit
of hands on tinkering with the Cloudbees Java PaaS running Railo CFML.

If you're not into Cloudbees|Java|Railo, there's plenty of interesting
tidbits for anyone interested in building an app in a PaaS supporting their
favourite languages (including Java, Ruby, Python and others).

NOTE: there's no food or drinks as Adobe seems to be no longer funding it.
We'll strive to finish early enough to adjourn to the Lord Nelson for food
and drinks. Of course, we are open to anyone who wishes to sponsor groups
food and drinks. Just let me (Chris) know.

Please RSVP anyway.

Venue provided by RocketBoots.

Chris
--
Chris Velevitch
Manager - Adobe Platform Users Group, Sydney

Adobe Platform Users Group, Sydney
Topic: Building Everyday Web Apps as Cloud Apps by Geoff Bowers
Date: Monday, 30th Sep
Details and RSVP on http://www.meetup.com/Sydney-Adobe-Platform-User-Group