@Zac: all but the one that just came out this month.

@Andrew:  this is a legacy process which I'm trying to keep running for
only a couple of months until the whole lot will be rewritten (upstream
source systems are being replaced so the whole process will change).
Traditionally each step was run manually and was only automated a couple of
months before we changed to CF10.  The scheduled task is storing all the
output into a log file which is sent in an email after the process has
finished.  Certainly could be rewritten to only display output when
manually run but it's now a question of available time to change and test
vs. making it work as is until it's replaced.  But I do know where your
coming from, if doing this again from scratch I certainly would do it
differently.

@Dale: Thank you! and damn it yet again.  One day I will remember that I
have a crap memory.  As soon as I saw your reply I remembered reading about
that option a month or so ago but at the time I was focused on other
applications and problems in PHP.  I made a mental note to look at that
when I was back in the office and then completely forgot about it.  I am a
little confused why the 1024 KB limit isn't enough for the test case to
work though.  The test case should be less than 1024KB but upping the limit
certainly does let it run correctly.

I think I'll try up the limit but also look at limiting the amount of
output to only what I really need.  Thank you everyone!

Cheers
Mark