What is the DB? As I noted, my example used the exact same ColdFusion
version as you, same DataDirect drivers.

What error did you get - and I mean an exact error - what datatype did you
try to insert into?

I tested this on 5 different ColdFusion servers and all worked - first time
(this was on J2EE and Server Config)

If you have been developing for a good time you should know that
cfqueryparam preserves quotes by default - or you could use an SP.

Also, if you think it is an error/bug then log sn issue with MM.

"This e-mail is from Reed Exhibitions (Oriel House, 26 The Quadrant,
Richmond, Surrey, TW9 1DL, United Kingdom), a division of Reed Business,
Registered in England, Number 678540.  It contains information which is
confidential and may also be privileged.  It is for the exclusive use of the
intended recipient(s).  If you are not the intended recipient(s) please note
that any form of distribution, copying or use of this communication or the
information in it is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  If you have
received this communication in error please return it to the sender or call
our switchboard on +44 (0) 20 89107910.  The opinions expressed within this
communication are not necessarily those expressed by Reed Exhibitions."
Visit our website at http://www.reedexpo.com