Sent: Monday, November 28, 2005 12:26 PM
Subject: [cfaussie] RE: Java and CF

Pretty sure the filename has to be a full path. ie. C:/

Seems to work fine for me.  try <cfset fileio = CreateObject("java", "java.io.FileReader").init(JavaCast("string",ExpandPath(filename))) />

Gareth.

Andrew Scott wrote:
The value of filename is not the problem, if I remove the init and dump the
class out its not what I should expect, well at least I think its not what I
should expect anyway.

Error message is as follows:

Object Instantiation Exception.
An exception occurred when instantiating a java object. The cause of this
exception was that: .

Regards
Andrew Scott
Analyst Programmer

CMS Transport Systems
Level 2/33 Bank Street
South Melbourne, Victoria, 3205

Phone: 03 9699 7988  -  Fax: 03 9699 7976

Quote:
IBM: Infernal Blue Machines