From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Gary Menzel
Sent: Thursday, 29 December 2005 5:50 PM
To: CFAussie Mailing List
Subject: [cfaussie] Re: _javascript_ setAttribute function generates attributes without quotes

Firstly, the _javascript_ setAttribute doesn't set quotes because it doesn't generate XML.  It simply creates the attribute as part of the elements DOM structure.  If you aren't getting quotes when you generate XML it will be related to the method that is generating the XML (not the setAttribute method).

Secondly, <cfxml> is a tag used to accept inline XML inside Coldfusion.  If you are using the ## mechanism to take some variable and have it rendered as XML inside the <cfxml> tag then you probably need to use the preserveSingleQuotes method to ensure that single quotes created in another XML string representation are faithfully maintained in Coldfusion.