We are having a problem with integrating a product we use for some AI
functions that is linked up by COM. We are trying to move to CF7 (read
- this works fine in 6.1) but there seems to be a problem and we cant
get around it.

Error:

 An exception occurred when instantiating a Com object.
The cause of this exception was that:
coldfusion.runtime.com.ComObjectInstantiationException: An exception
occurred when instantiating a Com object..

Code:

<cfobject action="CREATE" type="COM" name="talker" class="bgtcom.LensTalker">

Stack trace (partial):
java.lang.Exception: Invalid COM object
        at coldfusion.runtime.com.ComProxy.<init>(ComProxy.java:123)
        at coldfusion.runtime.CFPage.createObject(CFPage.java:5907)
        at coldfusion.tagext.lang.ObjectTag.doStartTag(ObjectTag.java:191)
        at coldfusion.runtime.CfJspPage._emptyTag(CfJspPage.java:1908)

Any clues as to what I can do to try and track down what might be causing this?

--
Duncan I Loxton
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

---