From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Sean Corfield
Sent: Tuesday, November 16, 2004 12:20 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [CFCDev] concerning this / variables scope in cfc

On Mon, 15 Nov 2004 18:00:50 -0500, John D Farrar
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> What would that be called "excapulation" vs "encapsulation". Actually you
> could still write the internals to deal with that... it would just require
> little more features. But essentially you are wrong Pat.

Actually Pat is correct (and you are wrong).

By exposing an attribute as a variable - even "readonly" using your
scope reassignment hack - you are no longer able to change the
implementation to get calculated-on-demand attribute values -
getSomething() doesn't need a real attribute variable underneath it
but your method does... which is why your method, although you find it
useful, is not really a good idea.
--
Sean A Corfield -- http://www.corfield.org/
Team Fusebox -- http://www.fusebox.org/