>you really don't want to create a deep tree
Just wondering how deep the tree would have to be before you would class it
as too deep?

>create a maintenance nightmare
I dont follow, how does it create a maintenance nightmare?
e.g. if I fix a bug/improve something in my generic persistence.cfc, then
all of my business objects can use it simply by copying the new cfc file
into place.
I can see how it would be a nightmare if you changed the interface to the
generic cfc.
Not sure how thats any more of a nightmare than modifiying all cfcs
individually though.

>unless you can explain why you think you need the generic base classes
erm, to make maintenance and creating new objects easy! (I can create a new
object that will do CRUD/validation/form display with one line of code in a
component - init(getmetadata(this));)