>CFML doesn't have pre- and post-increment operators, either. Should it
YES! That would be great, no more typing fugly i=i+1, just i++. beautiful.
that would be beautiful.

>How about pointers?
it does?, references to objects and structs are pointers? what would be
wrong with being able to set a pointer to a string?

regarding the whole ternary thing, its not too hard to write a function...
ternary(value,iffalse,iftrue)...