Patrick McElhaney wrote, On 4/12/2007 9:44 AM:
WTF has a great article on "Soft Coding." We all know that "Hard Coding" is bad, and we try to put information that's likely to change in configuration files. But as this article explains, our assault on Hard Coding can go too far, and we end up with something even worse: Soft Coding.

I'm sure the short (2.5 page) article will be making the rounds on social networking sites soon. Since ColdFusion developers seem to be particularly susceptible to Soft Coding, I thought I would post it here.

http://worsethanfailure.com/Articles/Soft_Coding.aspx
+1

I read it earlier this morning and it's worth the read. I thought about putting it up here too, but looks like you beat me to it =)

You are subscribed to cfcdev. To unsubscribe, please follow the instructions at
http://www.cfczone.org/listserv.cfm

CFCDev is supported by:
Katapult Media, Inc.
We are cool code geeks looking for fun projects to rock!
www.katapultmedia.com

An archive of the CFCDev list is available at www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL
PROTECTED]