On 5/22/07, Sean Corfield <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 5/21/07, Barney Boisvert <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> They're the solution to the same thing they're the solution for in
> every other language;

No, no, no, no, no! Interfaces do not exist in most languages because
- shock, horror - they are NOT NEEDED!

I should have been clearer in my initial statement; there was an
implicit 'static' at the end, between 'other' and 'langauge'.

They are not needed in a dynamically typed language.  But unless you
have multiple inheritance (which I think everyone agrees is horrible),
statically typed languages really do need interfaces.  CF is not a
strongly typed language, but it's not a loosely typed language either,
it's some sort of hybrid.

cheers,
barneyb

--