aobolensk wrote:

> I have previously attempted to represent LLVM metadata at CIR level : #204190
> 
> Adding discussion thread here [#204190 
> (comment)](https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/pull/204190#issuecomment-4781548798)
>  for reference.
> 
> CC: @andykaylor

Thanks for your reply!

Ok, I see your point. Probably then we don't really need to invent anything 
generic as it is done in LLVM IR. How do you think on introduction of CIR 
target specific operations that were mentioned in the discussion you have 
shared?

For that specific case, that could be something like:
```mlir
%0 = cir.amdgcn.feature_predicate "is.gfx900"
```

I saw in the comment you shared, @andykaylor suggested something like that, but 
it didn't get any continuation, but in fact this idea could work out

The only thing that concerns me here is how do we introduce such operations, 
someone should decide on the convention or so. I haven't seen other CIR target 
specific ops that have already been defined (correct me if I'm wrong)

https://github.com/llvm/llvm-project/pull/229330
_______________________________________________
cfe-commits mailing list
[email protected]
https://lists.llvm.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/cfe-commits

Reply via email to