Many thanks Jeff & David,

Overnight I remembered that Visual Studio itself offers a specific option to disable inline function expansion. For MSVC itself, this gets done by setting a compiler option called "/Ob" ("/Ob0" indicates disabled). If "/Ob0" isn't specified at compile time, inlining of functions is basically left to the compiler's discretion.

I checked this morning and sure enough the "/Ob" option doesn't get sent if I build with VS2019 and Clang - so I'm guessing "/Ob0" wouldn't be recognised by Clang's compiler?

So does Clang have it's own command-line option to disable inline function expansion? Or is that something which hasn't been implemented for Clang? Thanks,

John