> My application will need to use CGI::Session for storing information 
> about the user and will also be using DBI to talk to a MySQL database. 
> Is there any common wisdom out there about performing the session 
> setup and DBI setup in cgiapp_preinit() vs. setup()? I suppose if I 
> had any intentions of superclassing this app in the future I could 
> have this stuff in cgiapp_preinit() and then it would be shared by the 
> other versions of the app, but I don't really see that happening...

My initial reaction is that if you are not going to sub-class it, the
difference may not matter much.

You may also find this document on the "order of operations" of CGI::App
execution useful:

http://twiki.med.yale.edu/twiki2/bin/view/CGIapp/OrderOfOperations

        Mark

--
http://mark.stosberg.com/ 


---------------------------------------------------------------------
Web Archive:  http://www.mail-archive.com/[EMAIL PROTECTED]/
              http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=cgiapp&r=1&w=2
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to