On Thu, 6 Jan 2005 05:19:35 +0100, Emanuele Zeppieri wrote:

Hi Emanuele

> Having seen your modules and knowing your experience as a Perl
> programmer, I suspected that you already did an in-depth research
> and that you already knew most of them ;-)

Thanx. I avoided mentioning anything up front so as to leave things wide open
for the responses.

> eXtropia WebDB:
> http://www.extropia.com/applications.html
> (look for it in the list)

I'd filed this years ago, under Tainting, and didn't retrieve it until you
mentioned it.

I use TreePad, the tree-structured editor, to file ideas under categories:
http://www.treepad.com

There's a free version, and one with encryption for your passwords :-).

> Yes, Maypole seems not to be able yet to deliver what it seemed to
> promise, but I'm sure it will improve soon (or later.)

I'm glad to read your assessment. Seems there's been just a bit too much
flattery and not enough about the struggles we are having in the real world. I
do realize it's a very clever package, and frankly, I wish I could just pick it
up and use it.

> No such module/application/framework is completely satisfactory for

Sigh - I know the feeling.

I don't mind developing things. It's the _re_developing that's getting to me.
Hence my hope that generic solutions would exist. I suspect many of us are in
the same boat here. And yes, there are various programs, even PHP ones. But
we're still not satisfied!

> framework, DBIx::XHTML_Table (together with Template-Toolkit) for
> displaying tabular data, Data::Pageset to paginate them and a mix
> of TT, CGI::FormBuilder and CGI::Ex::Validate for forms displaying
> and validation. Data access is done through a mix of Class::DBI,
> SQL::Abstract::Limit and raw DBI code.

And more modules to evaluate! Gimmeabreak!
--
Cheers
Ron Savage, [EMAIL PROTECTED] on 7/01/2005