On Thu, 6 Jan 2005, Michael Peters wrote:

> Hope that gives you even more ideas.

Thanks to you and William for your responses.  Looking back at my initial
message, I think I was unclear as to exactly what I'm asking.  I want to
know if there are are better ways to do the "authenticate in the script
itself" method.  Are there any flaws in the code I presented?  Any use
cases I've missed?  Etc.

As a matter of fact, I usually use .htaccess and other web server features
for authentication and split run modes into different modules per role.
But the mandate for this project is to keep everything as centralized and
portable as possible.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>