On Sun, Feb 27, 2005 at 10:21:33AM -0500, Joel Gwynn wrote: > What do people use for automated testing of their CGI::Application apps? > How about testing things like user account creation forms, use menus, > and they myriad of options that can be selected, and things that go > wrong?
I've been using Apache::Test[1] for my unit and system testing for the past year and have been quite happy with it. There's a bit of a learning curve to get familiar with it but Geoff's article[2] does a good job of explaining the basics. He has also put together a nice skeleton[3] that demonstrates basic usage although it's intended purpose is for reporting bugs. I used to use HTTP::WebTest (and occassionally still do) for my system testing. I've been eyeing the combination of HTTP::Recorder and WWW::Mech recently but have made no inroads there. Check out the wiki entries[4] on this subject as well. William [1] http://perl.apache.org/docs/general/testing/testing.html [2] http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2003/05/22/testing.html [3] http://perl.apache.org/docs/general/testing/testing.html#References [4] http://twiki.med.yale.edu/twiki2/bin/view/CGIapp/TestingCGIApplications -- Knowmad Services Inc. http://www.knowmad.com --------------------------------------------------------------------- Web Archive: http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/ http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=cgiapp&r=1&w=2 To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
