On Mon, 28 Feb 2005, Halley, Edward D. wrote:

> I administer my Fedora machines by RPM packages, which works for most
> applications but can get to be a hassle with all the diverse modules of
> Perl and CPAN.  I don't like to use CPAN's own installer, as it makes
> it much more difficult to reproduce identical machine setups, or
> integrate software installation with other system maintenance tools.

I sympathize, but I think you need to consider this: Fedora's Perl
(like Redhat's before it) is compiled with threading enabled, which is
both slower, more memory heave and less stable than a non-threaded
Perl.  I've had enough direct experience with this on the Krang
project to be able to state it unequivocally: if you don't need
threaded Perl then you don't want a threaded Perl.

-sam

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Web Archive:  http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
              http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=cgiapp&r=1&w=2
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to