Hello Jason,

* Jason A. Crome <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2005-03-04 15:34]:
> Why?  Convenience and ease-of-use.  It's much easier (and more 
> enjoyable!) for me to write a few lines of code to create a class based 
> upon a table in my database than it is to write a piece of SQL that 
> updates the same table, deletes from it, inserts rows into it, etc. . . 
> .  Class::DBI does it all for me.  It's made me more productive and has 
> led to cleaner-looking and more maintainable code (IMHO).  I spend less 
> time writing code for database maintenance, and more code for actual 
> program logic.  And that is the fun part!

There was a time I tried to take advantage of Class::DBI but it appeared
very hard to me to make complex SQL queries and I gave it up. I often
have to make SQL queries that use up to six different tables. Is it so
easy to do with Class::DBI as well?

What about using sequences? Does Class:DBI support it?

Can Class::DBI use Oracle engine? Is it possible to use Oracle hints in
queries?

I am very interested in your explanation whom I find to be experienced
Class::DBI user.

Best regards,
Wojciech Pietron

---------------------------------------------------------------------
Web Archive:  http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
              http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=cgiapp&r=1&w=2
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to