>I also stumbled on an interesting thread on the html-template 
mailinglist (under the subject: RFC: Persistent or 2-stage evaluation), 
which goes into great detail on how to integrate Locale::Maketext.


Hi. That was me. I was groping my way towards a solution I didn't quite have a 
clear picture of. Essentially, I wanted to minimize duplicating templates 
(structure) for language (content) differences. This meant that there would be 
first-time (one-time) initialization of a template (the captions, headings, 
etc., which are constant for the life of the cached and redisplayed template. 
And, re-initialization of things like messages or which which option/select 
item is selected (for each redisplay of a cahced template).

Cees Hek was a *tremendous* help to me. His patch to H::T (to make the cached 
templates keyed by language) and an example of how to use H::T's filter got me 
to a solution I really like.

I think most people would think this is a convoluted way to handle it. But, I 
couldn't find a better way. There's a lot of factors involved between static 
page content, dynamic. Caching. Template reuse. Duplication of 
content/structure. Template directories based upon language. Fragment including 
based upon language (from those language-specific directories). It was very 
perplexing to me where the best solution was (or what combination of 
solutions). How to balance duplication of content and structure, and a lexicon 
(from Locale::Maketext).

It's not an easy solution to describe. If you want to bounce questions off me, 
feel free to email me. (And thanks again Cees!)

Mark


---------------------------------------------------------------------
Web Archive:  http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
              http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=cgiapp&r=1&w=2
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to