On 2005-06-17, Ron Savage <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Apache::Session, although unsupported, may contain useful ideas.
> Likewise, Apache::Session::Manager and Apache::SessionManager.

Noted.

>> operations on one table. It's unhelpful that it dumps the whole
>> session object into one database column. This limits the usefulness
>
> Ahh, I personally find that feature effortless, but I'm aware of your
> preference for field per column.

I have used session handling for a number projects now. I think I have
always needed just 1 to 3 additional columns.

>> - The storage focus will database-centric, not file-centric. Use
>> DBD::SQLite if you don't want/have a real DB. This will make it
>
> OK - but my tests showed (to my satisfaction, if to no-one else's) the
> SQLite is unreliable and therefore useless under Windows.
>
> Frankly, I would never use it on any platform after what I've seen,
> but hey, if it works for you, use it.

I don't use SQLite myself, but I keep seeing it used it lots of places.
There is also DBD::CSV, which just might work for this purpose.

> I use files under GNU/Linux only because I've never managed to get
> CGI::Session to work with Postgres there. I'd certainly be very happy
> indeed if this new module worked under all OSes I have to deal with.

Curious. There is also currently my CGI::Session::PureSQL, which is
build to work with PostgreSQL, but not tested on Windows.

> Anyway, if it's going to be as good as Data::FormValidator, go for it!

I didn't design or code a lot of DFV, but I appreciate your enthusiasm!
I /am/ interested in feedback about the changes I proposed in the DFV 4.0
release on CPAN.

There's lots of new callbacks stuff being used in DFV 4.0. It seems to
be a theme around here...

    Mark

--
http://mark.stosberg.com/