> Why not just mark the runmode itself as requiring authentication using
> the attributes.
>
> sub my_runmode : RequireAuth('manager') {
>
> }Now that's a nice syntax! > With the plugins that I have built so far I have tried to avoid > writing a module that does X, and instead find a module that already > does X well, and make it work well with CGI::Application. So if > people want to scrap CGI::Session::Auth, I would be OK with that, but > I wouldn't want to write a Plugin that replaces its functionality. > > I would rather see us use (or build) a generic Authentication module > that accepts a username and password, or an IP address, or some other > token to authenticate a user, and checks it against an arbitrary > datastore (where a datastore could be anything from a flat file to an > LDAP server or even a cookie or param sent from a centralized auth > server). I think there may already be a few modules like that on > CPAN, but I haven't looked in a while. > > Once we have such a module we can write a nice clean wrapper to link > it into CGI::Application, but people could also use it in other > frameworks just as easily. I think it is the functionality of the > wrapper (or plugin) that we have really been taking about in this > thread. This is definitely the way to do it. I had a brief look on CPAN but I didn't have much luck. There's an Auth plugin for every framework out there but I didn't manage to find the One True Auth module. Michael ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Michael Graham <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> YAPC::NA 2005 Toronto - http://www.yapc.org/America/ - [EMAIL PROTECTED] ----------------------------------------------------------------------- --------------------------------------------------------------------- Web Archive: http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/ http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=cgiapp&r=1&w=2 To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
