[Was Re: [cgiapp] Marketing]

On Fri, 1 Jul 2005, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

There are loads of ways of marketing but I think one of the most important signs that something is "for real" is the availability of a book. Yes you can read it all on-line/pod/wiki etc but nothing quite beats reading a real book on the train, on the breakfast table, on ..... just about anything other than skiis or a surfboard.

Funny you should mention this because after the flurry of new development which has recently occurred, I was thinking the same thing. I have about 100 pages of notes I've gathered so far. I was going to ask people about it at YAPC but unfortunately I wound up not going.

I'm mostly a lurker on this list, but I've been an enthusiastic proponent of CGI::Application and I'm the Debian GNU/Linux maintainer of it. I've also recently been involved in two tech book efforts (both Debian related) and taught classes on Perl so I think I could do a good job of it.

For the next two weeks, I'll be in London and then Helsinki for the Debian conference but after that I want to gather together a synopsis and a sample chapter or two and start getting input from the list in earnest.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>