On 8/16/05 7:16 AM, "Johan Bosman (EDS)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Thanks for the feedback. How should I use the HTML::Table module in a > CGI::Application? It seems that I am doing something wrong. In the following > code I call a function (_query ) from Query (run mode1) that creates the > object $table1 . The problem is that this object is only visible from the > _query function, and the next run mode (Table_Main) can't see it. I tried to > change the scope of $table1, but it is still not working. I need to call > _query from Query, other wise the progress bar doesn't work. > Sorry for all the code) If I understand correctly, this isn't a problem with scope, exactly. After your first run mode is done, the script exits. It doesn't continue to run until the second run mode. Then, when it is re-run (the user goes to run_mode2), any variables, etc. from run_mode1 are gone. If you need to store information from one run_mode to the next, you will have to be use sessions, hidden fields, or cookies. Or did I misunderstand you? Sean --------------------------------------------------------------------- Web Archive: http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/ http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=cgiapp&r=1&w=2 To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
