I'm generating a ".zip" file through CGI::App today.

Because I send the "application/zip" mime type with it, it opens in 
The Ark decompression tool on my Linux desktop automatically.

But Ark is a little confused. It wants to confirm if the non-standard
extension is correct. This happens because My URL ends like this:

/script.cgi/zip_file_download

I want to avoid this nagging. 

So I add this run mode mapping:

 $self->run_modes( 'download.zip' => 'zip_file_download' );

Now the run mode is named "download.zip", and Ark is happy.

This is one thing that "AutoRunmode"  can't help you with, since having
a dot in a subroutine name is not valid.

    Mark

--
 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 
   Mark Stosberg            Principal Developer  
   [EMAIL PROTECTED]     Summersault, LLC     
   765-939-9301 ext 202     database driven websites
 . . . . . http://www.summersault.com/ . . . . . . . .


---------------------------------------------------------------------
Web Archive:  http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/
              http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=cgiapp&r=1&w=2
To unsubscribe, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
For additional commands, e-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Reply via email to