On 2005-12-18, Ron Savage <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 14:48:37 -0500, Bruce McKenzie wrote:
>
> Hi Bruce
>
>> There was a thread here in October with a request for an example of
>> a simple implementation of CGI::App and Ajax. But then it went on
>> and got a little too complicated -- at least I don't see any

In my experience I have extremely impressed with the Prototype.js
library, and can recommend learning it. It will make basic things like
what you need now easy, and it will be do very flashy things later when
you are ready. Lots of docs are accessible through here:

 http://del.icio.us/search/?all=prototype+docs

For what you need, a basic call to "Ajax.request" or Ajax.updater"
should take care of it.

HTML::Prototype and the related plugin are just wrappers about this.
I like having them to get started with, but I find it easy enough to
work directly with Prototype once I got the hang of it.

    Mark

--
http://mark.stosberg.com/