I am a bit late to this discussion but ...

On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 2:25 AM, Joshua Miller <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  Actually, we give each dev a range of 10 ports, so they can run multiple
>  versions of the app side by side. Just throw together a little apachectl
>  wrapper, and a base apache config, so they just have to include the base
>  config, and set a handful of vars to get their instance up.
>  Then they can start/stop their instance on their own, and no worries about
>  contaminated env or writing/reading someone elses files.

I guess you need to start/stop the serves as you are under mod_perl.
Do you need mod_perl specific things?

If not, is there any reason not to develop in plain CGI mode and then
use mod_perl
only in some integration (staging) server and in the live application?

I am asking just because that's what I am doing...

Gabor

#####  CGI::Application community mailing list  ################
##  To unsubscribe, or change your message delivery options,  ##
##  visit:  http://www.erlbaum.net/mailman/listinfo/cgiapp    ##
##  Web archive:   http://www.erlbaum.net/pipermail/cgiapp/   ##
##  Wiki:          http://cgiapp.erlbaum.net/                 ##