Sorry to be a bit slow on OOP.  Intuitively, it makes great sense (why work
when you can inherit?).  In practice I'm coming up on the learning curve
vis-a-vis nomenclature, syntax, etc.  (Yes, I have Conway's OO-Perl at my
side).

Currently in a home-rolled module (not using CGI::Application) I use
Config::Simple to load in the application parameters.

Am I correct that now I would load this set of parameters through the
instance script?

#!/usr/local/bin/perl -w

#myapp.cgi
use MyApp;
use Config::Simple;

my $x = new Config::Simple( _filename => '/www/home/myconfig.file' );
my %config_hash = $x->param_hash();

my $myapp = RegPack->new(
    $myapp->param(%config_hash);
);

and then in a subsequent instance script, if I wanted to overload one of the
previous parameters:

my $myapp = RegPack->new(
    $myapp->param(%config_hash);
$myapp->param('error_message.huh' => 'What were you ever thinking?');
);

Please show me the error of my ways...

Thanks,

Eric.