Hi,

I use it just to "protect" certain parts of my webserver, but not
for actual web applications.

Mod pg auth allows you to setup a where clause for authentication.
so perhaps set a tag in the db called "logged out", and this only
get's set to true when they login and enter the first screen of your
application. all other screens would just check to see if it's true,
but not bother setting it.

something like that might work.

jeff

On Tue, 30 Apr 2002, Mark Stosberg wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Jesse has written on a number occassions about the merits of handling
> authentication for web applications at a level seperate from the
> application logic. While this system appealed to me, I could see how it
> do it without using mod_perl. Today I ran across another possible
> solution, The Apache mod_auth_pg module. It allows you to tie .htaccess
> files into a Postgres database to handle user authentication.
>
> More info:
> http://authpg.sourceforge.net/
>
> Has anyone tried this? How did it go? When you are using this kind of
> system, how do you log someone out?
>
> Thanks,
>
>    -mark
>
> http://mark.stosberg.com/

------
Jeff MacDonald - Tsunamicreek IT Consulting
http://www.tsunamicreek.com
+1 902 542 2519
[EMAIL PROTECTED]