On Thu, 23 May 2002, Jesse Erlbaum wrote:

Hi Jesse!

> It's my big fear that new users are going to assume functionality which
> doesn't exist, and will forget the basics, such as directly calling a
> run-mode method or using an HTTP redirect.

Documentation is not always read deeply as it should be, I testify that :)
Given this, I still think that man pages are appropriate places where to
write such caveats. It is also my opinion that some 'design patterns'
emerged from the discussions archived online and some best practices may
be outlined and included in the docs. There should be also something more
about that C::A works with mod_perl.
Things like C::A help very much in understanding web applications!

> So, that said....   How about:  change_prerun_mode() ?

It is exactly what i need :)
It would be very nice to have a way to explicitly re-dispatch from one
run mode to another. At present I think that this is achievable doing
something like "... return &other_run_mode() ..." inside &some_mode, but
you loose all that nifty checks running in a pre_run hook (for example,
authorization for a certain run mode).

I have another question. Why in C::A::run method you always print $output,
even if the caller requested a redirect? It is possible that the method
wastes his time sending something useless, is it?

Ciao, Valerio

 Valerio Paolini, <http://130.136.3.200/~paolini>