hello list,

    i'm trying to make my C::A app a little more efficient by loading a
header and a footer template in the setup() method instead of loading
them each time in every run mode.  it looks like this:

    sub setup {
      my $self = shift;
      $self->param('head' => $self->load_tmpl('base-head.tmpl'));
      $self->param('foot' => $self->load_tmpl('base-foot.tmpl'));
    }

    now, in each run mode i just change the param like so:

      $self->param('head')->param(
          page_name   => 'main menu',
          site_name   => $CFG{SITE_NAME},
          img_src     => '/images/small/11.jpg',
          remote_user => $ENV{REMOTE_USER},
          bg_colour   => '#D0CBC6',
      );

will this make any difference or do the templates get loaded off disk
each time i request a run mode anyway?  am i off my rocker for even
thinking up such a scheme?  is the param approach really such a good idea?

thanks,
    twkonefal

--
  "The stuff you own ends up owning you ... It's only after you've lost
everything that you're free to do anything." --tyler durden

New Media Copyright Extensions Would Harm Canada:
http://ansuz.sooke.bc.ca/icsub.html