Hi John,

On 28/02/2015 12:37, John Keeping wrote:
On Sat, Feb 28, 2015 at 12:06:41PM +0000, Bertrand Jacquin wrote:
We are still experiencing the issue. Is there any fixes with newer
releases ?

I have just tried to reproduce this with the latest version and have not been able to do so, but I'm not aware of any changes that should have an
effect on this (there is one cache change, 6ceba45 Skip cache slot when
time-to-live is zero, but that only applies if you set one of the *-ttl
values to zero).

The cache timeout logic relies on the mtime of the cache file, so this
could be affected by your filesystem, but it sounds like the problem is
that the .lock files are not being cleaned up.

The filesystem here is a ext4 with no specific option except noatime which quiet common.

When CGit finds a .lock
file for a cache slot it is trying to use it will just serve the stale
content, on the assumption that is has only just been replaced.

So there is so assumption the .lock can be obsolete ?

I can't see many ways that you can end up with stale lock files; the
only options are:

1) CGit crashes, in which case there should be some evidence in the
   system log.

That might happend, the cgi can in this case be killed after 60 seconds.

2) rename(2) fails, presumably because the destination file exists.

I'll try an update in any case.

Thanks

"html/body/div/div/table/tr/td/a[@href='skins/larry/core/elementary.git/log/']"

--