On Thu, 05 Mar 2015 at 18:15:04, Jan-Marek Glogowski wrote:
> Gitweb reads .git/category to set a repository section for
> grouping. This handles the file in the same way a .git/description
> file is handled.
>
> The file section takes precedence over the ctx.cfg.section_from_path
> setting.
> ---
>  cgit.c      |  2 +-
>  cgit.h      |  1 +
>  shared.c    |  1 +
> [...]

There already are at least two ways to achieve the same thing (using the
Git configuration variables gitweb.category or cgit.section and
repository-specific cgitrc files). Do we really need another
alternative? Is this just for GitWeb compatibility or does this have any
advantages over the existing options?