Hello John,

liblua is linked statically. This is what you get, when you compile Lua from
source (no liblua.so).

Greetings
Дилян

On 10/16/2016 01:55 PM, John Keeping wrote:
On Sun, Oct 16, 2016 at 07:30:08AM +0200, Дилян Палаузов wrote:
on my system I wanted to link cgit with lua, so that lua can load the
(lua)crypto.so module.  For this to work the symbol lua_gettop has to
be exported by cgit.  I managed this by passing "-Wl,-E" to the
linker, when compiling cgit.

How are you linking to liblua?  I thought we normally linked that
dynamically so the symbol should be exported from the shared library
even if the cgit binary does not export symbols.