Again, this isn't exactly what Konstantin asked for, but this approach
is easier to implement and I think achieves the main goal of exposing
signatures for snapshots.

The difference is that this approach has a notes ref for each archive
format and the note simply contains the signature content; there is no
additional metadata you just stick the signature in (for example)
refs/notes/signatures/tar.gz against the relevant tag object.

This disadvantage of this is that we only support a single signature
format, but I don't think that's a huge drawback as I expect any future
format to be obviously different so that we can easily inspect the
signature content to tell the difference.

The first 6 patches are refactoring which I think makes sense even
without the end goal of this series (they also fix an inconsistency
between snapshot links in the summary and commit pages).  The series
builds on my "Custom snapshot prefix" series [1].

The final patch is the one that I expect feedback on; there's definitely
a lack of documentation but there's no point in writing that if this
approach is vetoed.

[1] https://lists.zx2c4.com/pipermail/cgit/2018-March/003767.html

John Keeping (7):
  ui-refs: remove unnecessary sanity check
  ui-shared: remove unused parameter
  ui-shared: rename parameter to cgit_print_snapshot_links()
  ui-shared: use the same snapshot logic as ui-refs
  ui-shared: pass separator in to cgit_print_snapshot_links()
  ui-refs: use shared function to print tag downloads
  snapshot: support archive signatures

 cgit.h        |  2 ++
 ui-commit.c   |  2 +-
 ui-shared.c   | 21 +++++++++++++----