By unchecking the "ok to notify friends" box (a bit above the photos
in current comparison) user's friends don't get notified about being a
winner/loser in certain comparison by that user's opinion, they are
just notified that the user was using the Compare People application.

We're sorry that you did not notice the checkbox - we have privacy
controls for this very reason. Unfortunately, canceling the
notifications cannot be done.