On 12/2/2014 15:38, Owen Morris wrote:
> Don,
>
> Not sure if anyone is still reading this list but someone seems to
> have resurrected the http://chandlerproject.org server so there’s a
> little bit more info available than there was a few weeks ago… the
> link below might have some pointers.
>
> http://chandlerproject.org/script/getIrcTranscript.cgi?messagesOnly=true&channel=chandler&date=20081008

I'll take a look.  There's been low, but occasional, traffic on this
list so I figured low hope was better than none.

>  I’m not running cosmo myself but I had a quick look as to what it
> might be - the login link on the home page is a relative link to
> chandler/login so I would guess that the tomcat process running the
> server isn’t running in the background to serve the app properly.

That is possible, I guess, but I do get the front page when navigating
via web browser.  It's only when trying to click onto the login link
that I get the error.  That suggests to me that Tomcat itself is
running, but there's a problem in the back-end works.

> Have you definitely copied all of the tomcat config files from your
> old installation.

Yes - all the files were in the same branch of the directory tree, and I
copied all of it.

> Are all the mysql settings correct for your new
> location?

I think this may be the most promising line of inquiry.  I don't know
the answer yet, but that's where I'm spending my time right now.

> Is the Cosmo app starting OK?

It seems to be, and the Tomcat procedure is listening on the designated
port.

> Is the database running on
> the backend and can you see connections to it from the frontend
> server?

The database is running (was MySQL, now MariaDB) and I can see the data
via pfpMyAdmin.  I've not yet been able to check to see if there are
connection attempts from the Cosmo code; I'm not seeing any attempts in
the DB log.

Thanks,
  -Don