On 18 Apr 2015, at 00:39, Owen Morris <owenmor...@gmail.com> wrote:

> If there’s anyone else that would like to complete the survey, I will leave
> it open until Monday and then share the results then.
>
> Thanks,
> Owen

Hopefully everyone that connects to the form can see the summary of form
nearly as high as those who would like to concentrate on just using the app.
The OS people were interested in was fairly evenly split, with Windows just
edging out Mac and Linux.

As I expected, most people were just interested in getting it working
initially, so I will try to work towards that, and at least see if I can help
maintain the app, if nothing else.

I plan to try at least to get something that at least builds as a first step.
In the first instance I will see if I can create new repos to provide ‘vendor’
versions of the dependencies that OSAF had shipped patched versions of during
the development.  The main issue is likely to be wxpython, so I will try to
start work on removing the extra API that OSAF added in a branch.  This should
be the first step to get it building on 64 bit.  I will hopefully be able to
start on this over the coming weekend in my github repository.

In the longer term, it probably makes sense to see if any of the dependencies
would be better replaced with different libraries.

Any feedback on this plan is very welcome.

Regards,
Owen