for ruggedized mobile devices of the kind you are describing, your
best bet is http://www.trimble.com or http://www.symbol.com.

you could also try a netbook with a gsm slot paired with a usb receipt
printer and a usb scale would get you 90% of the way there. the
netbook could likely power both of those devices. you could likely
swap the netbook for a smart phone (say android running open data kit)
but phones with usb master support are hard to find...