Hello,

We are still looking for speakers for the Change this coming Winter!
Historically it has been hard to fill all the weeks during the winter
quarter so if you or anyone in your research group would like to speak at
Change next quarter please contact me.

*Some Background On Change*

Change meets Tuesdays at noon during the quarter. We try to be as
interdisciplinary as possible and include students, faculty and staff from
around UW. We cover topics such as global health, education, micro finance,
agriculture, and communication, and look at how technology can be used to
support development in each of these areas. The idea is for us to learn
from each other and collaborate where appropriate.

Generally talks are between 30 and 40 min long with time for questions and
answers at the end. It is a very informal setting share and exchange ideas
about technology for developing regions. Over the last year the Change
Seminar has grown to a weekly average of 30 people and that is in large
part due to the excellent speakers we have had.

Thanks,

- Trevor Perrier