---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Krispin Leydon <kris...@krispinleydon.net>
Date: Wed, Aug 12, 2015 at 6:08 PM
Subject: [TIER] Software for Off-grid Solar - Job Opportunities @ Angaza
To: t...@tier.cs.berkeley.edu

Interested in clean-energy access for the billion beyond the grid?

Angaza has recently received Series-A funding, and we're looking for
back-end <http://www.angazadesign.com/jobs/backend-developer/>, front-end
<http://www.angazadesign.com/jobs/frontend-developer/> and mobile
<http://www.angazadesign.com/jobs/android-developer/> talent to augment our
team in SF, working in collaboration with counterparts in Nairobi. Software
we write during the day enables affordable light at night for customers in
Kenya, Tanzania, Malawi, India, and Pakistan.

For more information, see below.

-Krispin

Introduction (2min):
http://www.angazadesign.com/watch-video/

Web Site:
http://www.angazadesign.com/

About:

Angaza removes the upfront price barrier for clean energy products in
emerging markets, by enabling off-grid customers to pre-pay for energy in
affordable amounts, spread over time. Our technology stack encompasses
embedded data transfer technologies and cloud-based analytics software to
product manufacturers and distributors working to finance energy products
with a Pay-As-You-Go pricing model. Additionally, Angaza leverages usage
and diagnostic data collected from every PAYG unit sold to lower
after-sales support costs and present customer credit risk ratings.

We partner with manufacturers who actively license Angaza's PAYG technology
for products that range in size from 1/2-watt solar study lights to 150+
watt solar home systems, as well as electronic clean cookstoves and solar
water pumps. Distributors use our software platform, the Energy Hub, to
sell Angaza-powered products in Kenya, Tanzania, Malawi, India, and
Pakistan.