As promised, here is the first post from the ODK Discussion Series...

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Yaw Anokwa <yano...@nafundi.com>
Date: Tue, Oct 6, 2015 at 1:32 AM
Subject: Discussion Series: The three principles that guided ODK's design
To: ODK Community <opendata...@googlegroups.com>

Hi, I'm Yaw Anokwa.

I was lucky to be there at the beginning of Open Data Kit (ODK), so I
figured I'd kick off the discussion series with a bit of history.

Gaetano Borriello created ODK. It was his idea that started the
project and his focus on researching technology that improves the
lives of the underserved that created this community.

When Carl Hartung, Waylon Brunette, and I started building ODK with
Gaetano in 2008, he had just been diagnosed with cancer. Although he
was given a few months to live, he refused to change course, instead
doubling down on making ODK a reality.

Carl, Waylon, and I were his Ph.D. students at the time and he laid
out three principles to guide ODK's design.

Read more at
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!msg/opendatakit/SXvGBuWqgEA/z4p5YbemBwAJ